Sunday, November 08, 2009

Two Weeks to get my act together

So for the next two weeks I am going to be focussed and pulled together and get into some good habits - all with the purpose of t rying to regain the mental state that I had prior to having a baby.

I was SOOOO into health and fitness back then - it took up all of my mind space. It's time to find that again - simly because I love being in that healthful place!

Why the next two weeks?

for two reasons:
1. Because I need something to focus on
2. Because Mark is going to whyalla in SA for two weeks with work and it will just be me and the little one at home.

What does that mean? It means that I don't have to worry about feeding Mark and I just have to look after myself.

I have made a deal with Mark that when he gets back I get three times per week where he looks after Harris and I get to go running. The key is thatthose are the times when I get to do my me activity - something purely indulgent and just for me.

That is the activity I choose to have for me.

So for the next 12 months I am going to choose events to focus my running towards and get back to the super state of fitness I had pre little one.

First event? 6km Womens and Girls Jogalong at Weston Park on the 6th of December.

post signature

3 comments:

MTB Girl said...

Go Andrea, you can do it! You'd still beat me running!

Kristy said...

Great job Andj you can do it 2 weeks will be a good start.

Running does put me in a good space. I really miss my fitness activities if I stop for any reason and start becoming a grumble bum lol...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like areally great plan Andj! It really can be SO hard to fit exercise into your day with a baby can't it? Sometimes there isn't even an hour spare :(
I know that they are SO worth it but I can sympathise with you on this one xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin