Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rest

Having a baby reminds me often of how important it is to value rest.

I woke up tired this morning - despite the fact that our night wasn't too bad last night. I also woke up ravenously hungry this morning - despite the fact that I has a yoghurt snack at about 3am this morning.

This afternoon I will try to have a little nap I think. It all depends on Harris.

It is raining here in Canberra today which means no walk for me. Boo Hoo! But I am planning on going to the gym - and I am decidedly nervous about it.
Mainly about how Harris will go in the child care I think.

I did manage to get a walk to the gym after all - the rain has stopped - for now -it is looking very black out over the mountains right now. I needen't have been nervous - the little angel slept the entire time I was in the gym! I really hope that is a trend he keep up!

Food (planned) today:
1 - oats, raspberries, protein powder
post gym session - Up and Go vive (Have you tried these - they are great!)
2 - cottage cheese and rice crackers
3 - spinach and feta frittatas and salad
4 - yoghurt and protein powder
5 - mustard coated chicken and salad
6 - cottage cheese, raspberries, yoghurt

Exercise today:
Legs
Hamstring Curls 3 x 10 x 10kg
Leg press 3 x 12 x 30kg
Squats 1 x 12 x 30kg 2 x 12 x bar only
Stiff legged dead lift 3 x 12 x 12kg
A few other bits and pieces like some wall squats with the fit ball and some lunges. Lunges really hurt my pelvis so I am going to lay off them for a bt I think - until I get more strength.

25 min HIIT on Elliptical
30 min walk inc Hill

Weight today: 79.7

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin