Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Lack

Lack in general. Of posting , of walking, of eating well. But thats OK because I have been nurturing my mind.

I had my 6 week follow up at the doctor and he basically said that it probably wasn't the best idea to start running again just yet. I should probably give it another 2 months.

he did say I could start back on the bike if I wanted to though - and anything else that is non-impact. Which means I can do weights and strength work if I want to.

So I went to the local gym last week to see if they babysit for babies as small as Harris. Well he charmed them with his cuteness and they said yes - but that if they had lots of kids in there and he was starting to get grizzly that they would have to come and get me in the gym. Thats fine!

I really feel the need to work my muscles and get my herat rate up to a decent level. Hellooo Elliptical trainer! and hill walking on the tready!

I have also been procrastinating about prepping food and the "Work' factor of getting back to all those good habits I had before. It is hard work, constant preparation and organisation and staying on top of things to shift weight. I always thought that if I didn't have to go to work that it would be so much easier. It is easier to find excuses to do things that are more fun that exercise thats for sure!

I am still unsure of the gym and the babysitting. There are alot of what ifs going through my head. - Mostly about Harris acting up and me not being able to get anything done and it being a waste of money.
The babysitting in the gym is only from 9am - 12pm daily so I have a very small window of opportunity on weekdays. Weekends would be OK because I could get Mark to look after Harris for and hour. The other what if I have is the fact that I would have to be super efficient in the gym and not dawdle like I used to. Perhaps I am thinking too hard about it all and I just need to do it and work it all out along the way.

I had a thought yesterday that I really should be making the most of the extra weightloss aid that is breastfeeding. At the moment I am not doing anything extra but I could be seriously making the most of this extra help. Who knows how long I will be able to breastfeed for?

The other interesting thing. I had forgotten just how good Oats, mixed with rasberries and protein shake is.... Mmmnnn tasty!

2 comments:

Em said...

I know this is easy to say, but relax and stop putting so much pressure on yourself!
Your little bundle of joy is growing and changing each daya enjoy it!
Us mums have a bad habit of thinking we are super women and then wonder why things get stressful and go wrong!
I am sure when you are ready that you will find a way to get to the gym, and if you do decide on babysitting or creche make sure you feel comfy first! Then go for it :)
I have Wil in daycare alreaddy I started him at 18 months and haven't looked back.
Have a smashing week hun :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

Em's right, relax Andj. So that this process isn't over whelming why not try changing one small thing per week that will help you towards your health and fitness goal. :o)

Lia xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin