Friday, December 12, 2008

Rainy Friday


There has been a steady downpour here all day today which is kind of nice.

Chicken has been keeping me company - as you can see above - she settled herself into the lid of the stationary box and has been sitting there for a while now.

I seem to have solved the problem of not having much to do in the evenings - I have simply gotten my nose into all sorts of crafting activities involving the sewing machine, felt, christmas gifts and paint. Every night I find something small to do. I find the creative process quite meditative.
this afternoon I started to make the mobile for the baby's room - well I cut out some felt pieces for an owl - I'm not 100% sure if I actually like it just yet. I may switch to boats but I'm not quite sure. I'm not 100% on how to piece a boat together but I guess I could just have a go until I get one I like.

The baby list is diminishing now and looks a little something like this:

Here is the list I posted a few weeks ago of what I needed to get:

  • Linen - Have plenty of blankets for the pram and for wrapping. Still need to get 2 Cotton cellular blankets for the cot, at least 3 cotton sets of cot sheets and another cot duvet. I have my eye on one by Living textiles but as it isn't urgent (ie - it is harly cold) I'm not too worried.
  • 2 babylicious recieving blankets
  • 2 white Sheridan towels
  • A safe- n-sound car seat - am getting this in the week after christmas - who knows baby shops might have sales.
  • A Nappy Bag (I am going to spoil myself and buy the Oroton one in the after christmas sales)
  • Pram Rain and Shade covers
  • Car Window shade
  • Baby Bathing toiletries - wash, shampoo, massage oil, powder, nappy rash cream
  • Infra-red Digital thermometer
  • First aid and medicines for bubs
  • Ikea Shelves and baskets for shelves
  • cushions and decorations for Nursery (Halfway there)
  • Nappies!
  • baby clothes - I have lots of clotes in size 00 and bigger but not much in the way of 000 just yet. It's hard because we don't know how big he will be but I do like to be prepared.
  • Nightlight for the nursery
Afterwards

  • Breast pump - I am going to get the Avent Isis manual pump (and I am sure you all wanted to know that!) --> Have decided to buy this after bub is born
  • Stereliser and cleaning equipment ?? Not sure on this need to do more research - but again I will buy it after bub is born
  • BPA (Bisphenol-A) Free Bottles for giving expressed milk top ups. as above
Hmmmnnn... it doen't really look smaller at all!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin