Sunday, February 08, 2009

I'm Still here

and surviving the heat - just!

Yesterday we just tried to move from one airconditioned place to the next. Went to the shops, went to the movies - that took us up to around 2pm. Just when it is getting the hottest here in Canberra.

Came home and had a cold shower - which is an excellent remedy!

The pool is useless because it is in full sun for the majority of the day and so is actually like getting into a hot bath!

Went to Mark's Aunt and Uncle's house last night to have some Chinese and some aircon - that was a good solution. I think that if it becomes unbearable this afternoon we should go there again!

Our house didn't get under 30 degrees last night until the early hours of the morning. We have set up camp in the loungeroom on the air mattress because the evaporative cooler seems to be more effective that way than when we are both on the bed. I actually found the air mattress quite comfortable, it seems to support the weight of my belly better when I am on my side. I think that tonight will be more of the same as the prediction for today is the same as yesterday.
BUT then tomorrow we get a lovely cool change - only meant to be 29 rtomorrow apparently!

This next week is going to be much more comfortabe I think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping it cools down for you Andj. I can't imagine what it must be like being pregnant in this heat wave. :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin