Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Resting is boring

So after my standard weekly trip to the doctor yesterday he decided to send us into a bit of a mini panic by sending me racing off to a blood test and booking me into have what is called a non-stress test first thing this morning.

This test basically just monitors the baby's heart rate and movement patterns - as well as any contractions that I may have had (Which I didn't).

This was all because I had higher blood pressure than what was normal for me yesterday at the doctors appointment.

If things didn't look good this morning they were going to induce me early. Needless to say I was a bit nervous.

Anyway - the scan was in the normal range andthe blood results didn't show anything so everything was fine - except that my blood pressure seems to go up beyond normal (but still not super high) if I do anything that involves being upright at all.

So I have been lying on the couch all day, alternating between watching TV and reading glossy magazines. I'm thinking that I'm going to need to find a book to keep me intereested tomorrow because this is a very tedious way to spend the time. Although I must say that I don't feel that great when I'm up and about so I am content to stay on the couch.

So- back to the couch for me.....now if the baby would just get out - we wouldn't be having these problems!

3 comments:

little rene said...

Try to enjoy relaxing while you can! It may be a while before you can do it again! Get a great book and just veg out.

Thinking of you and can't wiat to meet your little man :)

I love Frankencat ;)

MTB Girl said...

Thinking of you and your countdown.

Take care :)

A Healthier Happier Me said...

Hey Andj,

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with the new addition to your little family! I keep checking your blog for news..... how very exciting!!

Take care.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin