Sunday, October 12, 2008

Forgetting how...

I have a theory that when we haven't done something for a while, that we kind of forget how - and in saying that I don't mean that we forget how to do it - but that we forget how to have confidence in our ability to do it.

For example.

I have a very large make up collection, I used to quite enjoy experimenting with different shades and all that. I especialy loved putting it all on and feeling great on the weekends when we went out places. For some reason I stopped doing that a little while back - I guess that I just stopped being bothered about doing it. mark is a very unfussy person and I felt the need to be a little more uncomplicated!

So last weekend, after I had been to the hairdresser and on my way to the wedding I thought I would just ask if any of the make up counters in Myer had a free make up appointment. Of course they were all booked up - and then I got a little bit angry because I felt that I was so out of practice I couldn't do a very good job anymore on my own make up.

To put this into perspective - the last time I paid someone else to do my make up I was so dissapointed in the job she did that I viwed to never pay someone again because I could do a better job myself. So - reminding myself of this. I went upstairs to the bathrooms and did my own make up.

Did I do a good job? Of course I did - I did a really good job because I know how to and I have always known how to - I had just lost the confidence in my ability to do a good job.

I am a little bit worried that I will feel like this when it comes time to shift all this baby weight next year. I did come to the conclusion that given I am halfway through (only 18 weeks to go - not that I am counting down or anything) and " they" (They - being all the baby books and bibles) say that you put on around 13 kilos of baby related weight (i.e. not fat) then I am probably carrying around 6kg of baby related weight at the moment. So of the 10 kilos I have put on only 4 of that is true weight gain. I can live with that. I believe in my ability to shift that at the end of all this.

BUT I spent sooo long forming all of these grreat exercise, eating and positive self talk habits in the past couple of years and I really do eel that I have put that all aside at the moment. Not so much the eating habits - although I am not watching what I eat (apart from the fact that it is healthy) in the slightest. More so the thinking patterns and habits I had that went with it all.

I really do hope that when it comes time to get back into it - these all come back to me. In saying that though - I will be enlisting the help of someone in a porfessional capacity and most likely setting myself a goal so that I have something to work towards.

Anyway - here is the pic from the wedding last weekend. I worked very hard at perfecting my celebrity baby bump pose.


7 comments:

SeLiNa said...

You look gorgeous Andj!! I can't believe how big your bump is looking!! :)
(although time has probably gone slow for you right!?!)

XOXO

Nicole said...

Your hair and makeup look awesome Andrea and you look stunning :) Pregnancy suits you! Hope you are well! Nicole xx

Jaime-lee said...

UUUUHHH you look beautiful girl!

omg HOW do you do the housework! I vaccum, have to have a sleep, I mop, I have another sleep. I go food shopping, I come home and have another sleep! its really testing my patience i tell ya!

Anyways Ive figured I just need to organise my energies for the day and do a little at a time during the week to take the pressure off the weekends in getting everything done!

Your glowing too!

Have fun!
JL x

little rene said...

What a beautiful little baby bump! How exciting you are almost halfway! Enjoy :)

Andrea said...

HI Selina,
LOL - big - I like to think that it is still quite small in comparison to how big it will end up being!
Andrea

Andrea said...

HI Nicole
I realise that now (Thanks though) but on the day I felt awful. It didn't help that it was seriously hot and there were about a zillion people in the mall because of that music festival that was on at the gardens.
Andrea

Hi Jaimee - Lee,
I seem to have the abilty to push through - either that - or I just don't get tired. It seems that at the moment all I do is house work. I don't really get that tired - although my feet do get sore. I am actually having a bit of trouble sleeping right through the night as well. I think that I just love having a clutter free house and at the moment a lot of my energy is going into getting it that way.
Andrea

Hi Rene,

Past halfway now - only 18 weeks to go. I am looking forward to getting to the magic third trimester.
Andrea

Andrea said...

HI Nicole
I realise that now (Thanks though) but on the day I felt awful. It didn't help that it was seriously hot and there were about a zillion people in the mall because of that music festival that was on at the gardens.
Andrea

Hi Jaimee - Lee,
I seem to have the abilty to push through - either that - or I just don't get tired. It seems that at the moment all I do is house work. I don't really get that tired - although my feet do get sore. I am actually having a bit of trouble sleeping right through the night as well. I think that I just love having a clutter free house and at the moment a lot of my energy is going into getting it that way.
Andrea

Hi Rene,

Past halfway now - only 18 weeks to go. I am looking forward to getting to the magic third trimester.
Andrea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin