Thursday, October 30, 2008

The most hated word in my dictionary

isn't what you might imagine....

No no - it is a much simpler word that when I try to apply it and stick to it I get slowly driven insane.

What could possibly do this you might ask????

The simple word BUDGET.

I hate them witha passion and would much rather just live and spend my money as I please within reason. I kind of have what I like to think of as guidelines instead. My money gets sectioned up and a portion goes here and a portion goes there. The second I refer to it as a budget I almost get cold sweats and go on a spending spree like you wouldn't imagine.

The problem is - that next year I am going to be earning MUCH much less than what I do presently and this is going to force a major alteration in my spending habits.

mark and I have been talking about this tonight and I can already feel the tingles of panic welling. When I feel like I am not going to have the money to do what I want to do - quite simply I get a bit paniky.

I feel as though I need to begin to get over this little hurdle in the coming months and now is as good a time as any to start.
I know the things that I am going to want to put money towards once my income is reduced so I think I need to start the thinking off now - simply so that I dont freak out entirely when it is forced on me in February.

Soo.... I guess there will be no more spur of the moment Pedicures for me ......

Time to engage the brain to start creating the patterns it will need to feel normal.

It sucks but it is life and life wasn't meant to be easy 100% of the time.

That was a pep talk in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

little rene said...

Yes it will be a whole new lifestyle Andj! Possibly for the next 20 years you will not be able to be as frivolous as you were before! Isn't that a freaky thought? I hve managed to live off my savings for all of this year and I have actually found it OK. I have just had to be more discerning about what my priorities are. So I REALLY think about clothing purchases and don't buy anything that I won't love for a long time and I use all of the food in our fridge and pantry before I rush to the supermarket on a whim.
Wait until you meet your little cherub. Material things may not mean as much to you anymore. They don't to me. You will be fine, it is just a small price to pay for the joys of motherhood :)

Jaime-lee said...

Im hearing ya Andrea...Welcome to my world as well ; (

Bread and butter for the next year as I say to my hubby! lol

JL x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin