Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rest

I took yesterday off work because I really wasn't feeling up to it - both physically and mentally - and I had an RDO today so I have spent the majority of thepast two days at home lying down - doing very little. It feels really good actually to not be out and about rushing around and I should remind myself to stay at home and rest more often I think.

Forced relaxation is essential sometimes and I know for one that I am already feeling much better for it. Both in terms of clarity in my mind and in how I feel physically.

I don't actually get tired as such. In fact I still feel as though I have as much enery as I normally would - I think it is just that sometimes tasks seem so much more difficult than they really are.

I was thinking yesterday about schedules and routines and how important it will be to give myself one when I am not working - simply so that I don't go mental. I know that it will be different with a baby but I can't let myself get out of the habit of good routines just because I don't have that one big fixed one of going to work each day. Perhaps I will have to make the daily exercise routine equivalent to going to work in my mind. The gym that I am looking to join is having an open day this Saturday so I am going to go along and check it out. I know that they don't have Les Mills classes - which means no RPM and that it a big deciding factor for me - I also need to see from what age they take babies in their childcare facility. There is a fitness first which is a little bit further away but it may work out being more convenient if their childcare facility is better.

Righto - I am off to make beef stroganoff for dinner which we are having with steamed broccolini and green beans. Mmmmnnnn..........

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin