Friday, October 31, 2008

Over it... glad it is Friday

I am entirely over work today. This place can be incredibly inefficient and some of their timings, processes and protocols just make it worse.

I am sick of standing up and sitting down again 100 times in a day and my back hurts.

Nothing I can really do about it because this is the most stalwarted opposing change work place I have ever worked in.

I want a portal to the 'old world' so I could make them see how hard they all work without really having to.

It is days like these that I really don't fee bad about counting down the weeks until I go on maternity leave. I am positive that raising a baby (Despite the sleepless nights) will be more rewarding than my job is some days.

Silly beauracratic place that it is.....

Anyway - that is enough of my rant- On to more interesting things.

RECENTLY DISCOVERED

I recently came across an interesting thing in Notebook magazine about reducing food waste.

This is something that really interested me because I really really hate throwing out food - that had we been a little more thrifty with using it up in the first place or simply cooked less in the first place - we wouldn't be throwing it out at all.

I have always been one for recipie/menu planning but I think that I would like to make a more concerted effort to only buy and consume what we need - and hopefully spend less money in the process.

I think it really just comes down to being a little more conscious of eactly what is available in the cupboard and fridge at home and trying to use those things to make a dish - instead of going out to the shops to get just one or two things and then coming home with three grocery bags worth of shopping. I am very guilty of that one.

One blogger who is extremely good at this concept is The Shopping Sherpa. This lady (Who happens to be from Canberra) - I love looking back over her blog to see what she has done simply with what shes got in the house. She only really does it full on for 1 month per year and I am contemplating taking up the challenge.

I know that I will need to get better at keeping the pantry basics list and the freezer stock up to date - but hey - all I can do is have a go!

I am off to a good start today at least.

- I used up the last of the raisin bread (Including a crust) for breakfast and made my coffee in the plunger at home (Saving $5.70 at the work Cafe in the process).

- I had half a can of fruit and the end of a tub of jalna yoghurt for morning tea.

- Leftover Beef Stroganoff and the remains of a packet of brown rice for lunch.

- A museli bar for afternoon tea.


and well..... tonight is Laksa night ($10 - a once a fortnight treat)

So - total spent today $13.00 on Laksa and a drink.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin