Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Loot

Grandpa's funeral was this afternoon and it was a lovely service.

We went to the cousin's house afterwards and stay for a little while - but then I started to get tired and decided it was time to go home.

I was feeling really sore and tired at work this morning and sitting down didn't seem to make all that much difference. Really sore hips, lower back and feet. I am going to try wearing my other shoes tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

Mark's cousin gave us a whole heap of baby related things on the weekend - including some big ticket items like a cot and a change table. Also in there was a rocker, a baby bjorn baby carrier and an older model Peg Perego pram. When I got home this afternoon I spent some time looking over the things and trying to decide whether I would use them.

The cot and the change table are a given - too expensive not to put to good use. I am going to buy a new mattress and a change table mat but apart from that they are fine.

I had a play with the rocker and took the cover off and gave it a wash. It came up good as new and while it's not really quite as pretty as I would have liked (mainly becasue I like this one:)


I think that the one we have been given will do the job for now. Unless I happen to have a spare $140 at some stage.

The baby bjorn carrier will do the job nicely - although Mark wan'ts one that can go on his back. I told him that would have to wait until the baby was a bit older. I would still like to get a sling style one as well - but I have heard on the grapevine that these aren't too difficult to make - so I may give that a go.

The Pram - well - I really wanted to like the pram. I wanted to have a second pram to just have in the car and that is slightly more compact than the rugged baby jogger pram I am getting. Don't get me wrong - I love the Baby Jogger but it is heavy and has a wide wheel base. For a girl who loves shopping - a pram that can easily maneuver shops was high on the priority list. But alas it wasn't to be. The pram we were given was heavy and hard to drive. The wheels have all siezed up and don't turn easily and it is filthy. I was will ing to give it a go it I could get it clean - but I can't even get the cover off to wash it. I was also a bit scared of losing my fingers in the folding mechanism.

So I guess you can't ask for too mcuh can you! Back to the drawing board on the stroller. I will keep dreaming of getting the silver cross Dazzle:


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin