Sunday, November 23, 2008

Freezing!

You just wouldn't know that we are just a week out from summer because it has been freezing here in Canberra this weekend.

It has been a busy week just gone and even though I had a day off on Wednesday - it too was spent running around doing administrative things (like getting an ACT license) so it doesn't feel as though I have really been able to relax.

In a way it is a good thing that it has been cold this weekend because it has forced me to stay indoors! Had a few errands to do yesterday morning. I had to do a Glucose Challenge test at the pathology place to make sure that I don't have gestational diabetes. I drank the drink and thought to myself - I'm not sure why people say this is so awful - it didn't taste all that bad. However, about 20 minutes later my heart was racing and I felt awful. Light headed and nausea - just plain gross. You have to drink the stuff, wait one hour and then have the blood test done. The awful feelings went away within two hours but that first hour was awful!

After that I had to go and do some errand type things at Federation square and Mark's mum wanted to get a birthday present. Federation square has lots of lovely little shops that sell beautiful and often unique things. I got my secret santa present - So that is one thing I don't have to think about anymore. I also got a really cute elephant keyring and a poster for the baby's room. I'm not sure if I will use it but it is an alphabet done in vintage style with old style pictures alongside each of the letters. I just have to find a frame big nough now.

After that we went and test drove the car we are going to buy - not the most glamourous car - we are looking at getting an Izuzu Dmax - which is basically the same care as a holden rodeo. It has 4 doors and all the safety features as well as having a ute tray - which we have realised we really miss having.

That was enough for one day and when we got home I fell asleep for two hours!

Last night I decided to get creative for the baby's room and I have finished what I did off - to a point - this morning. There is a third painting to come but it is still in the painting process - I ran out of white paint so was kind of stalled. Here is a sneak peek:




This pile of material is my next project.....not 100% sure how it will all turn out just jet, I have a bit of planning to do but I was pretty pleased with my haul from Spotlight this morning. I am fighting with myself as to whether or not to buy a new sewing machine (mum - if you are reading hint hint!)I'm not really sure how much I will use it but on the other hand I think that I will probably use it more than the old ancient one I currently have and I will be able to do more. My current one is unable to do button holes or zips because it is so old that the pieces are missing.
I also find creating things quite satisfying - although I'm not 100% sure what I will sew. Boys clothes are much more difficult to sew than girls clothes - but I would like to be able to make dress ups and that kind of thing.
For now I will stick to home furnishings I think!



1 comment:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin