Friday, November 28, 2008

Under 80

Here I was a few weeks ago counting down until I was under 100 days and before I know it I am under 80 days to go! I think that I am actually more interested in getting to christmas at the moment. For some reason christmas feels like a bit of a milestone and after that the real countdown will begin.

Feeling: Average. The sleeping business is starting to get difficult - I literally have four pillows semi propping me/ helping to make me comfortable at the moment. Every morning I wake up feeling like I could sleep for at least another hour! Most days I feel quite good - just start to get tired by the afternoons. But by Friday I have totally had enough of work and just want the weekend. I have a long weekend this weekend so that is good.

this has been a particularly tough week though as we have been out most nights - usually straight from work.

Mark's mum (Grandma to baby) was admitted to hospital this week as she has not been able to keep much food down for the past two weeks and has been throwing up and battling constant nausea even when she doesn't eat. On Monday we decided enough was enough and called one of the doctors. She was having planning done for radiation therapy on Tuesday so he brought her in early for that. He did the CT scans which showed that her oesophagus is completely blocked and that it has progressed alot faster that anyone really thought.
So he brought her radiation treatment forward until Wednesday just gone. (Wasn't meant to start until 11th December)
Working in the field of radiation therapy and having someone close to you have to go through it is a bit challenging - especially when you know that the treatment isn't really going to make her any better. Radiation works better in some cases than others - unfortunately this isn't one of them.
I am dealing with it better than I thought I would though!

They probably wont let her out of hospital until they have the nutrition thing under control - but I feel better knowing that she is somewhere that she can be looked after 24/7.

So on the basis of all of that - we have now inherited a dog. Quite the family we are becoming! New house, baby on the way, Cat and now Black Labrador. Zoe.

Hopefully next week will be a little less hectic!

2 comments:

Jaime-lee said...

uuuhhh dear girl, lifes hetic for you! just be calm, actually your doing well I say.

4 pillows hey? Ive got the 2, might try the 4 tonight lol...cause JL's not sleeping either!

A dog will be nice company for when your home with bubs, good protector...I love my Rotti, I feel safe.

Anyways have a great weekend, stay strong and eat well x

Andrea said...

Yep - but it is good in a way because it makes the time go faster.
Hope the 4 pillows worked for ou.
Andrea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin