Friday, May 15, 2009

Contemplating marathons

It seems that whenever I sit down to post lately Harris inevitably starts to crack it and I have to abandon it to another time!

LAst week when I was running on the treadmill at the gym I was thinking about the fact that the entries to the Melbourne half marathon open on June 1st and I need to make my mind up pretty soon whether or not I am going to attempt this - hey - it has to be easier and less painful than childbirth right! But the logistics of the amount of time I need to dedicate to training are messing with my head presently. I much prefer running outdoors to running indoors on the treadmill, but during the week I would need to do at least two runs - preferably three and I know that these would need to be on the treadmill at the moment and that concept doesn't fill me with joy.

I could get out for a l ong run on the weekend fairly easily I think because I can leave Harris with Mark for up to an hour safely (without him needing to be fed).

I think I will keep contemplating the logistics for another week or so.

I tried for another run on the treadmill yesterday at the gym but I had already been on the bike for 30 minutes and trained legs and when I started to run my legs felt like jelly and it just wasn't happening. So I stuck with walking.

I am trying to shift my focus more towards being in training mode and this week I am going to try and amp it up a little and get to the gym more than once. I do go walking on the days I don't make it to the gym but it's just not the same.

Good luck to those who are competing tomorrow!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin