Saturday, May 23, 2009

What?


This is one of my favourite pics of Harris and I just had to post it on here!

I am feeling slightly better now both physically in terms of being recovered from the cold I had and emotionally regarding how I feel about getting down to business with getting rid of this extra 10kg.

Yes - the 'before pics' were a bit of a wake up call but I just have to tap away at it slowly and with consistency and I will see results. I know that.

I do have to be more conscious in my thought processes about what I need to do to help myself get there though and that involves me deliberately sitting down each night once Harris is asleep and reflecting on the day, writing in calorie king, perhaps writing in here, and looking over what I need to do the next day. I may also need to think about menu planning a little more - not so much for dinners but more for day time meals. especially lunch.

I find it interesting that on the days I step on the scales and see a number that I like - I am further encouraged to eat well, exercse and stay on track- and on the days when I don't like the number I tend to mope and not want to exercise and eat poorly.

My priority for the weekend though it to get the house al tidy and decluttered so I have have a clear mind to focus over this coming week.

2 comments:

little rene said...

What a gorgeous photo! He is so cute :)

My advice to you as another fellow Mummy struggling to fit fitness into my life is control the things that you can.

I had a very stern talk to myself about a month ago and decided that there really wasn't ever any reason for me not to eat well as long as I regularly grocery shopped and prepared some food in advance. So now I always make sure that I have cooked and frozen rice in the freezer ad usually have portions of chicken in there as well. In cases of emergency I always have rice cakes, fruit, cottage and ricotta cheese, tuna, eggs etc on hand for meals that take about 2 minutes to prepare.
Now I find that Ii can't kid myself into thinking that I "have" to eat junk and I just get on with it.

As for the exercise, a hell of a lot of experts say that nutrition is 80% of the equation so just do what you can and as long as too many calories aren't passing your lips you should be right :)

It is hard, but I refuse to give up and I know that I will eventually get to where I want to be and so will you Andj. Like you said you have done it before :)

I hope you have a great weekend with your little family xxx

A Healthier Happier Me said...

HI Andj,

I'm the exact opposite when I see the scales, the nice numbers lull me into a false sense of security... hence my yo yo all the time.

I have a step son who is 6, and is very self sufficient,and I still struggle to fit stuff in, so I can only imagine what having anew baby must be like! But give yourself credit for what you have already done, you are back into it!!

On a side note, I just brought the Beck Diet SOlution WorkBook its more CBT stuff which i need. It has heaps of stuff about prioritising etc in there, might be worth a read.

Have a great weekend!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin