Saturday, July 25, 2009

I feel so unfit!

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in ages! I was trying really hard to focus on my self talk being positive - which was a good thing because had I not I may well have walked out!
I did a circut class by oh my goodness did t make me feel unfit! Simple things that before I could do so easily are now really quite difficult!
It made me realise that rebuilding my fitness is something that I really need to do.

Cardio wise I'm not too bad - it's the strength department where I am really lacking.

I should have guessed this because the past few weeks the scale number has been consistently dropping but the % Body Fat figure is not dropping very much at all - which essentially means I am losing muscle to some degree.

So yesterday I dug my spin bike out of the back room so that it now confronts me in my study daily.

I have set myself a goal to attempt to lose just 0.5kg each week for the next ten weeks. I am hoping that I can come a cross a charity ball or some event such as this towards the end of this time so that I have a nice event to look forward to looking great at! The reason I chose 10 weeks is because Harris's swimming term goes for ten weeks - so by the end of that time I hope to be feeling a little leaner in my swimmers than I do now!

I feel like 0.5kg is a really achieveable goal point for me, it's something that I feel like I can tangibly grasp and doesn't feel too difficult in my mind.

As a secondary advantage to this - it means that by the end of the ten weeks I will have lost 5 kg - which will put me around the 69kg point - only 1 kg off my pre pregnancy weight and 1kg off the point I wanted to be at before I went back to work.

I have been reading a lot of motivational blogging over the past week - so keep it up !

3 comments:

MTB Girl said...

Go Andrea - you can do it!

speedygeoff said...

You have a very good excuse. Still. For not feeling fit.

Kristy said...

Great job Andrea and your weight loss goal sounds very achievable :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin