Monday, July 13, 2009

the power of banana!

We recently started giving Harris one meal a day of real food in addition to what he gets from Breast milk.

It has been a funny experience and frustrating at times but at the same time it is fascinating to watch my small boy figure out what he does and doesn't like and introduce him to the world of food.

It's also very interesting to watch his reactions to different food.

Now it is all very bland and simple at the moment - he just has single foods - like mashed pumpkin, or sweet potato, rice cereal, mashed pear, mashed apple, banana and avocado.

I guess it is like the opposite of an elimination diet because you can tell when something has affected him differently.

He's not too picky but he definitely doesn't think too highly of apple!

He likes all the veges though - and loves the rice cereal.

I made an interesting observation about the energy inducing effects of banana - we don't actually give him banana at night any more because it gives him a huge energy zing - whereas on the nights he has the nice low GI carb sources - placid happy baby!

It's fun and I am enjoying it!

Now I just have to start setting him a better example with the food choices I make!

1 comment:

Valley Girl said...

How exciting, the most important role that you have is his health in your hands & boy is he off to a excellent start!

Brings back fond memories until they become teenagers than all that hard work get pushed aside.
with drinks like "the mother" on the market no wonder we have people with lots of problems, I a meanie MUM as I dont allow my kids to have them!

Have FUN experimenting!!! x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin