Saturday, March 14, 2009

A day in the Country

Today we went to visit our friends who live 'in the country" about an hour outside of Canberra past a VERY small town called Captains Flat.

We went for lunch and our lovely host cooked a beautiful roast chicken and vegies followed by Chocolate Self saucing pudding - yum!

I think that deep inside of me there is a desire to live a simpler life, away from the sress and hustle bustle of the city, however the other part of me knows that i couldn't really cope with being so far away from town. I like to be able toduck to the shops when I need to!

They have a georgous piece of land and live in a cottage style house which is just beautiful and quaint in a 1970's kind of way. Our friends are into collecting old things and their style fits the house perfectly.

So we whiled away the afternoon eating, chatting and going for a lovely walk around the property after lunch.

It was a nice relaxing day and so nice to get out of the house.

Now if only I could remember to take a camera along with me when we go on these outings!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a country girl born and bread and given it's a very peaceful lifestyle I could never go back to it again. Although for raising a family it would be ideal.

I'm a city girl through and through now and could never go back to the country. The coast yes but country no. LOL!!

Lia xxx

Valley Girl said...

sounds like a lovely stress free way to spend the day.
Im a country girl, could not last a day in the city, thats scares me...
having said that I do need shops to pop to as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin