Monday, March 16, 2009

What a difference a year makes..

I was just reading back over my posts from this time last year. Trying to find the inner 'why' for getting back on track and getting rid of these extra kilos.

Unfortunately the inner saboteur voice is very loud at present for me.

There are things like:

"You will never get back to where you were before while you are breastfeeding because you can't eat low enough calories"

"12 kg is alot of weight to shift when you can't exercise at the high intensities you were used to"

" How do you expect to see any results when all you can do for exercise right now is walking - walking barely elevates your heart rate at all"

"The scales aren't moving, you're clothes aren't getting looser"

etc etc

This is what I am trying to overcome.

I think if I was seeing even a slight downward shift on the scales I would be content but they kind of stay the same.

I have been trying to coach myself with positive self talk such as:

" You need to compare on a week to week basis and only use the daily numbers as a guide"

"the long term outcome is what is most important and every day that you take the steps in the right direction you are moving closer to achieving the goal"

This last one is the one I need to be loud.

The Why - especially on the food front - just isn't there. I have such little time to myself that I am lucky to be able to eat at all - let alone prepare food. I find I am often trying to grab a snack on the run or with baby in hands and I end up just wanting portable things - like biscuits.

It will come back to me eventually I know.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin