Friday, March 13, 2009

running between the signs

After my little tantruma bout exercising earlier in the week I sucked it up and decided that I need to make exercise the highlight of my day - rather than thinking drearily "but what am I going to do after I get home from my walk" or the alternative "I would rather go to the shops".

After all - I don't have to go to the shops - they will still be there tomorrow - hey they will still be ther in the afternoon!

Some more of the lovely self talk was telling me "But walking around the suburb is so boring!" - So I didn't walk around the suburb - I went to the lake. I realised that I could - that I wasn't limited to just walking around my suburb. I could just pack Harris up in the car with the pram and go to all sorts of places to go walking.

So today we went and parked at the Black mountain peninsula and walked along the lake towards the city. We stopped near the boat hire place and came back again - it was around 5km I think. But I thought I would see how I felt running with the pram. It felt good - but only in short spurts - so I alternated 1 minute running with 4 minutes walking for the majority of the walk.

After that we went to Tilleys for a nice pot of tea and some reflection time and somepeople watching.

I think that this little outing might become a friday regular. I really liked sitting at Tilley's (Cafe for non- Canberrans) and people watching, writing a few things down in my journal.

Harris is 1 month old today!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Andj I was going to suggest packing up a picnic and taking yourself and Harris off for a walk, then lunch and home again for something different, but your walk and run today sounds really nice, and pot of tea out Tilleys sounds very relaxing

Blog Widget by LinkWithin