Saturday, January 10, 2009

Transformation

I wrote this post last night when i was feeling decent - not that I am not feeling decent right now - it's just that sitting at the computer is not very comfortable for me at the moment. I have to do it in spurts. So knowing that I wanted to write abou tthis I did so last night.

This morning we have finished tidying up from yesterday, gone out for breakfast, bought a car seat for the baby, and put the cot together. If he decided to come today we would be ready.
andyway - onto what I wrote last night.

Knowing what I have ahead of me in the next 12 months - both fitness wise and home life wise - I have realised lately that I haven't has as much focus on filling my brain with all of the wonderful positive motivational bits and pieces that keep me going when I am trying to reach a goal.

I think that it is going to be tough for me to get back into it again and get back to the point where I was at before.

Speedygeoff has included a few tidbits in his recent postings regarding transformation and I wanted to put them all down here in the one spot.

Keys to transformation - work in progress -
Key 1. Full of hope, anticipation and awe, ..knowing the future is malleable and that we can intervene to achieve worthwhile goals, …
Key 2. …we employ directed self-talk to get ourselves onto the desired track and to keep us there.
Transformation key 3: Stay dissatisfied, even frustrated, with where you are now. Stay passionate about wanting to change. Knowing that what could be is so much better than what is, never quit, never be satisfied, never be content with mediocrity, never think of yourself as average. Don't mark time, don't get complacent, keep running!

Keep them coming Geoff - I need reminding!

It is also interesting that both Nicole and Rae posted about self belief and overcoming self limiting beliefs. I think that self limiting beliefs are possibly one of the most self destructive habits in existence. I hope that is is OK with both of them - but I would like to republish their respective posts here. Here is Rae's:

"Discovering new worlds will not only
bring you happiness and wisdom,
but also sadness and fear.
How could you value happiness
without knowing what sadness is?
How could you achieve wisdom
without facing your own fears?
In the end, the great challenge in life
is to overcome
the limits within yourself,
pushing them to places you would never
have dreamed they could go."

Excerpted from The Dolphin: Story of a Dreamer (Hay House, 2008), by Sergio F. Bambaren

And here is Nicole's:

We are what we think.
Everything we are arises
from our thoughts.
With our thinking
we create the world.

- Buddha

I guess that I spent the whole of 2007 and early 2008 teaching myself about overcoming fears and creating my own reality. It is true that we are only limited in what we can achieve by what we believe we are capable of.

I will do me good to keep this high in my mind in the coming 12 months - and also to keep doing things that push my boundaries of what I believe I amcapable of achieving.

2 comments:

speedygeoff said...

You are doing so well.
I find it hard to believe there are still 35 days to go. You look - um - ready!
I like Rae's quote in particular. And my transformation ideas will continue to evolve through 2009. More to come tomorrow: Rae's "no limits" thoughts are coincidentally what I am contemplating now for posting either next, or soon.
This year will certainly see a series of changes for you!
My prayer for you is, "all good".

Andrea said...

I find it hard to believe too Geoff!!
Rae is an excellent source of motivation and extremely focussed - she is a good role model.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin